Date of Last Update: January 17, 2017
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) is an agreement between you and EssentialOilExperts.com (“We”, “Our”, “Us”, “Website”).
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using this website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not browse the website. By continuing to use the website, you are signaling your understanding, and agreement to these Terms.
All trademarks, service marks, emblems, logos, and other recognizable features of Essential Oil Experts are trademarked and are prohibited for use unless given our express written consent in writing.
Copyright – Stock Content: Unless otherwise expressly indicated (by a seal, image, text, or similar related to Us), stock Website content (eg. Thumbnail images) belongs to a third party. We do not claim copyright to this content.
Copyright – Fair Use, DMCA & Fair Dealing: Under copyright law, copyrighted material may be used without first acquiring permission from the copyright holder if the copyrighted material is used in parody, criticism, news reporting, research, reviews, education, and scholarships. This Website is a research based website that exists for educational purposes. If you have reason to believe that copyright infringement exists on the Website, you must tell us in writing at [email protected] We will evaluate the strength of your case, and using our sole discretion may remove material that may infringe on the copyright of others.
1. Changes to these Terms.We may modify this Agreement from time to time using our sole discretion without providing you notice. You should review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with its then-current terms. We will signal any update to you by clearly listing a date of last update at the top of this Agreement.
2. Content Sharing. If we feature a sharing functionality or functionalities on the website, you may use the featured sharing functionality so long as the original original content is not altered, reconfigured, or otherwise modified in any way shape or form. Other than as specified, the content must not be unlawfully shared, distributed, or altered in any way.
4. User Content and Website/Post Interaction. We offer users the ability to tag, vote, rate, promote, comment and otherwise interact with the websites’ content either on essentialoilexperts.com or another platform such as social media. Any links, text, images or other items not submitted by us on our website, or on another platform on which we have a presence eg. social media is referred to as “User Content”. We are not responsible for any user impersonating you in User Content. If you have concerns or believe that someone is using your likeness to interact with the website, please contact us directly and we will work with you to try to resolve the issue. If an issue regarding user content is not on our website, you will have to discuss your concerns with the owner and/or manager of the platform.
4.1 Cautions Regarding Other Users and User Content. You understand and agree that User Content includes information, views, opinions, and recommendations of many individuals or organizations and is designed to help you gather the information you need to help you make your own purchasing decisions. You are responsible for your own purchasing decisions in addition to verifying any information you intend to rely on. We do not endorse or warrant the accuracy of information provided by users. We do not warrant, guarantee or verify user identity. User Content may be misleading, deceptive, or in error, however we will try our best to remove any User Content that is grossly misleading or that receives a large number of complaints.
4.2 Submitting User Content Complaints and User Content Removal. Informational accuracy is important to us. If you feel specific pieces of User Content is misleading, offensive, or inappropriate please contact us directly. We do not routinely edit, screen, review, or filter User Content although we reserve the exclusive right using our sole discretion to remove any User Content we deem unfit for display as part of the website without notice.
4.3 User Content Rights and Representations by You. If you upload, post or submit any User Content, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the necessary legal rights and licenses to upload, post or submit such User Content and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person.
4.4 Ownership of User Content. When you choose to upload, post or otherwise submit any User Content, you grant us, or another party directly under contract with us a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, fully paid, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable right to license, use, distribute, publicly perform, display, reproduce, and create derivative works from your User Content in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or part, without any duty to compensate or notify you.
5. User Content Code of Conduct. All Users must comply with the following rules of conduct:
- - You will not stalk or harass other users, our authors, employee’s or affiliates when using the website or submitting User Content.
- - You will not interfere with others' use of the website or act in a way that negatively affects other users' enjoyment of the website.
- - You will not attempt to collect any screen names or User Content for any commercial use and you will not collect or store personal information about any other User or author of the website.
- - You will not use the website for illegal purposes and you will not upload, post or submit any User Content that is obscene, hateful or offensive and that does not violate any racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar, distasteful, defamatory, libelous, or invades another person's rights.
- - You will not impersonate any other person or misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with us, our parent, our advertisers, or affiliated third parties and that you will not adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to deceive, defraud or otherwise breach this User Content Code of Conduct.
- - You will not upload, post or submit any content that contains any viruses, malware, bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or program designed to interrupt the website we provide or that may cause harm to any user’s device.
- - You will not send or post any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, commercial email or other solicitation including spam, guest posting, chain letters or other schemes on the website.
- - Respect other Users. If you disagree with another user’s opinion, do not attack them or otherwise breach the User Content Code of Conduct. We do however encourage opinionated, factual debate and discussion.
- - You will not violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- - You will not upload, post, submit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person.
6. Availability of the Website. Without notification, we may discontinue, update, change, or otherwise modify the website or any portion thereof using our sole discretion.
7. Seller Registrations. Purchasing a product recommended, suggested, or registered with/by us in no way guarantees, represents or warrants the fitness of the product or service even if we have mentioned benefits, uses, or results. We do not guarantee that the product or service displaying our seal or logo acquired that seal honestly, although we do have procedures in place to reasonably police the marketplace. To obtain a Registration Seal, companies must complete the registration package which includes honestly providing us information about business practices and testing procedures – which we may make available to you on the website. This information provided is additional information for you, which you are responsible for verifying the validity of, to use when deciding to make the best purchasing decision possible. Companies that provide us with this information are awarded a registration seal. You can view the Registration applications online to see what information we collect. After a seal has been issued, we do not monitor any party to ensure ongoing informational accuracy. All entities are encouraged to reapply yearly for certification in order to demonstrate ongoing compliance to consumers, and to ensure up to date, accurate information is presented on the website.
8. Information Quality and Product Use. We provide you information based on our experiences, research and opinions. Your experiences may be different than ours. Always read and follow the directions of any label of any product. ONLY USE PRODUCTS AS INTENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
WE ARE NOT A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND ARE IN NO POSITION TO OFFER YOU ANY INDIVIDUALIZED MEDICAL OR NUTRITIONAL ADVICE. OUR STATEMENTS ARE GENERALIZED AS WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY USERS MEDICAL RECORDS, MEDICAL CONDITIONS, ALLERGIES, SENSITIVITIES OR DISEASES.
ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU ON THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY TO HELP YOU MAKE THE BEST PURCHASING DECISION POSSIBLE. THE FDA OR HEALTH CANADA HAVE NOT REVIEWED ANY STATEMENTS OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, AND ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH US IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE IN PLACE OF, OR AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO MEDIAL CARE. ALWAYS BE SURE TO CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO BEGINNING ANY PROGRAM, OR TO DIAGNOSE ANY POTENTIAL DISEASE, MEDICAL CONDITIONS, SENSITIVITIES OR ALLERGIES.
10. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE AND USER CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" INFORMATIONAL BASIS AND THAT OUR AUTHORS, OR AFFILIATED AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, WRITERS, AND UPLOADERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, ACCURACY, RESULTS, EFFECTS, BENEFITS, CONTRAINDICATIONS OR DOSAGES FOR ANY PRODUCT OR INGREDIENT.
12. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. WE, OUR PARENT, CONTRACTED THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS WILL BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE WEBSITE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF SUCH EXCLUDED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE EXCLUDED PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. You understand and agree that your use of the website is at your own risk.
13. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliated or partnership entities, including the associated authors, contributors, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User Content you upload, post, submit or otherwise content you make available through the website, your use of the website, and your violation of this Agreement.
14. General. This Agreement is the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the website and contributing User Content and supersedes all previous understandings whether written or oral regarding your use of us or the website. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone.
You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. The courts of British Columbia, Canada shall be the sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement. This Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Contact: [email protected]